Flv to MP3 Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey there,

I'd like to download some Youtube Videos to my iPod. I use a Firefix extention to download .flv files, but I can't use them. All the converters I googled were Windows only.

I'd also love to convert to mp3.

Does anyone know an application that can do that. Possibly free or shareware?

Thanks,
Sandra :)

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hey there,

I'd like to download some Youtube Videos to my iPod. I use a Firefix extention to download .flv files, but I can't use them. All the converters I googled were Windows only.

Thanks,

Visual Hub is awesome .... I think it's the big brother/sister of iSquint. VH has a lot more functionality compared to iSquint but of the two, only iSquint is a freebie. I'm not sure what the trial version of VH is like and what has been disabled etc but that aside, here is some further info on putting YouTube videos onto an iPod using iSquint:

Mac OS X

• Download the free iSquint converter.
  • Install iSquint and open.
  • Go to a YouTube video page, wait for it to load, and go to Window>Activity.
  • Click the drop down arrow. There should be a file still downloading- it should be the largest. Double click that file to download the video. A new blank page will open in Safari.
  • Wait for the video to download as a blank paper icon. It will appear on your desktop as "get_video".
  • Rename the file to something more descriptive.
  • Drag the video into the open area in the middle of iSquint.
  • Be sure to check "Add to iTunes" and "Optimize for iPod". There are going to be some other options you can chose from, so customize all you want.
  • Click "Start" and - presto! - an iPod-optimized video file for your iTunes library. It will save the converted file and it will be in iTunes in the "Movies" section.

Here's another tutorial on the subject:

Convert Flash Videos for Your iPod with iSquint

Here's a useful website full of YouTube Tools.

Reaction score
Hey there,

Thanks,

I always use aimersoft mac video converter, it can easily convert video on mac, and also works great to extract audio to mp3, wma etc, that's really cool, you can check it out here for free:
http://www.aimersoft.com/mac-video-converter.html

Reaction score
Hello all!

I don't download YouTube videos but I have heard good things about iSquint.

Cheerio
Searay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question