FLASH PLAYER 9 won't download

Reaction score
Hi Ric,

My new IMac 10.4.8, processor 2.16 Ghz Intel Core Duo, Memory 1 GB 667 MHz cannot download Flash Player and as a result I have no capacity to view videos...help! no YouTube!..

I have installed, uninstalled, installed, etc countless times and always receive this message: Safari (or any browser) cannot find Mime type plugin application/x-shockwave-flash.

I was o.k. until I needed this new upgrade and now I can't get anything! No Comedy Central!

I always get directed to the download page for Flash player that I've already tried.

Can you help?

Thanks and best wishes,
Sue

Reaction score
It doesn't work in Safari or Mozilla Firefox. I have searched the Apple discussion board for help and tried some suggestions such as Repairing Permissions, Checking Open Using Rosetta in the Safari Info, searching through Internet Plug-ins, all to no avail. I have spent literally hours on this! Is there anything you can suggest
Thanks and best wishes, Sue

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

have you fixed this yet ? Or do you still need assistance ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Ric, No I haven't fixed it yet and I am DESPERATE for help. Everytime I open a page I get a popup with the same message about downloading Flash and directing me to the same page I've tried a dozen times to no avail. Other people in discussion groups seem to get fixed but not me!
Your help will be greatly greatly appreciated.
Sue

Reaction score
I saw the same trouble on an XP machine the other day
could not authentic the installer or something like this

Reaction score
Hi, I got it fixed!! Oh, happy day! A geek friend of mine told me to download Flash 9 through the Version Tracker site. And much to my amazement, it worked!

Cheers! Sue

Ask a Question