updated to 10.8.5 now flash player is broken

Reaction score
Hi

I've updated to 10.8.5 and find flash player is broken in all browsers.

Have tried clean install of Flash 11 but always get report 'plug in failed' when trying to play video of page.

Looking in Library - cannot see flash player.plug in in internet plug ins folder or flash player folder in application support folder - as I would expect (?)

However I uninstall / reinstall this always appears to be the case.

Anyone else seeing this?

Any ideas..?

with thanks,

Mark

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

Looking in Library - cannot see flash player.plug in in internet plug ins folder

I take it when you say Library folder you do not mean the GO+alt key combination, just the Library via finder home folder. Where you should see two plug-in's as my first screen shot.

Do you have FP sitting in your system preferences? as second screen shot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-17 at 16.33.53.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-17 at 16.33.53.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 374
  • Screen Shot 2013-09-17 at 16.42.15.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-17 at 16.42.15.png
    142 KB · Views: 338
Reaction score
Many thanks for your reply.

I was on the phone to a top techie support at Apple because initial wave of tech support couldn't solve it & so it turned out neither could top tech. We tried all sorts of reinstalls - cache clearences etc but all to no avail. In the end I've just rolled back to 10.8.4 via TM.

I will await introduction of Maverick - hopefully not too far away now - before anymore system updates.

Ask a Question