I-player and Adobe Flash Player

Reaction score
I have just bought a new El Capitan and cannot watch BBC I-player programmes. It tells me to download Adobe but my Mac says that as I haven't bought it through the Apple Store it won't play. When I try to buy it through the Apple Store I get charged but it doesn't work.
Does anyone know a surefire method to watch I-player programmes?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

That site requires Adobe Flash Player, not Adobe Flash Professional. Adobe Flash Player is a free download, where Adobe Flash Professional is a paid application for development of Flash content.

You have two options here:
1. Download and use Google Chrome to view the content on that site, as it has Adobe Flash built-in.
2. Download Adobe Flash Player and install it. You can then use Safari for the video content.

Recently, Adobe Flash has been subject to a lot of press, due to the numerous security risks that it poses. In fact, Google, Mozilla (Firefox), and other companies actually blocked their software from interfacing with Flash, until some security holes were patched by Adobe. I recommend the first option - using Google Chrome.

C

Ask a Question