Flash issue in Safari 6.0.4

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
You could try downloading the last Combo Update for whichever OS version you're running ... (from apple's website, not through software update)

Also might be worth it to uninstall Flash Player then download and reinstall the latest version. You need to follow Adobe's uninstall instructions rather than just doing it yourself ... all the relevant info can be found here:

Flash Player Help /
Uninstall Flash Player | Mac OS

Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestions. I uninstalled and reinstalled Flash. Unfortunately that did not help.

The only Combo updates I see on the Apple site for 10.7.5 are for client and server versions. So I'm not sure how to update. I usually do use Software Update.

I find it confusing that the problem does not exist in the new user account that I made.

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=search&src=support_site.kbase.search&locale=en_US&q=10.7.5

You could try downloading the last Combo Update for whichever OS version you're running ... (from apple's website, not through software update)

Also might be worth it to uninstall Flash Player then download and reinstall the latest version. You need to follow Adobe's uninstall instructions rather than just doing it yourself ... all the relevant info can be found here:

Flash Player Help /
Uninstall Flash Player | Mac OS

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I find it confusing that the problem does not exist in the new user account that I made.

It's really hard to determine exactly what is going on, sometimes it's not worth it to actually get an explanation of why, but just keep trying to solve it, that's where we come in too.

We'll work through every possible fix until it's solved.

Have you tried Safari Preferences ~> Security ~> Enable Extensions

Also in System Prefs there should be a Flash Player icon in the bottom row where you can delete the browsing data & settings etc .. it's under the "Advanced" tab.

Reaction score
I don't have "Enable Extensions" under Security. I have "Allow other plug-ins" which is checked.

It's really hard to determine exactly what is going on, sometimes it's not worth it to actually get an explanation of why, but just keep trying to solve it, that's where we come in too.

We'll work through every possible fix until it's solved.

Have you tried Safari Preferences ~> Security ~> Enable Extensions

Also in System Prefs there should be a Flash Player icon in the bottom row where you can delete the browsing data & settings etc .. it's under the "Advanced" tab.

Reaction score
Hi,

On the odd occasion I personally have found that the Apple software updater has timed out, only happened twice, think one was the combo update in 10.5.8.

Reaction score
Hi,

So back to basics, your normal account gives you this FP issue but the new account you created has no problems.
1) login to the new account and check all the safari preferences and settings.
2) login to normal account and do the same and see if there are any differences.
3) do the same for FP and version number.

There has to be something different.

Reaction score
My normal account, which is the administrator account, gives me this problem with a number of embedded videos, usually youtube videos that have been embedded on forums and blogs. I have no issues with those videos on youtube itself. It is often difficult to find those videos on youtube, since there isn't even a video preview, and right-clicking on the blank space does not reveal the presence of a video or a video URL.

My new user account does not have this issue at all.

Ad 1) & 2) The new account has the same default settings, but it has no extensions added. I have already uninstalled all the extensions from my regular account, and it didn't make any difference (Restarting the browser is enough, I suppose? I don't reboot the Mac after uninstalling extensions?).

Ad 3) I chose the exact same settings. So that can't be it.

I am sorry for taking up so much of everyone's time! :-/

Hi,

So back to basics, your normal account gives you this FP issue but the new account you created has no problems.
1) login to the new account and check all the safari preferences and settings.
2) login to normal account and do the same and see if there are any differences.
3) do the same for FP and version number.

There has to be something different.

Reaction score
Hi,

Time is no matter on a forum, it would be good to find the issue and fix. Post back findings after a shutdown and restart.

Reaction score

Ask a Question