flash drive not recognized ??

Reaction score
I'm helping my friend with her Mac. I gave her a flashdrive with photos etc. on it ,and when she plugs it in nothing happens. She typed the name of the flashdrive into the box beside the magnifying glass ( in safari) and still nothing .. The mac help dept wants $195.00 to send software ,and they dont know if that will help...
Any advise will be very much appreciated. BYW the flashdrive is a "coreMicro "
Neil

Reaction score
Thanks Kaveman , but I'm looking for a way to get my friends mac laptop to rcognize a flashdrive ,not buy a bunch of used junk or whatever your website is spamming me on !!

Reaction score
Finder > Preferences > General > Enable External disks
You came here looking for help here are the instructions that might help.

There was no need for you to click the link in my sig, you obvious have no idea what quality products or spam is.

Reaction score
Finder > Preferences > General > Enable External disks

Yes you are right , I should have realized you sent the" finder preference general "and etc, informsation.
I thought it was standard to the top of the post , not having a mac myself I didnt recognize it was you sending me the way to fix the machine.. I'm sorry to slander your site , I wanted to **** you off and didnt really pay any attention to what was on it except that it did not help me ( and you already did that yourself) . I was at 3 mac help sites today and after asking me a ton of questions each one tried to sign me up for a years worth of help for $100.00 - $195.00 I told tghem to **** off then when I mistakenly thought you had not answered me ,but only sent me to your web site I lost it .. Sorry ,and thanks for the hepl .. This is mighty embarassing ..

Reaction score
That's fine, I tend to rattle these answers off during the day while I'm doing my day job and sometimes the answers get a bit terse. I'm sorry I didn't take the time to be a little more verbose.

If this isn't the problem please pop back and I'll see if I can guide you further.

Ask a Question