First gen nano problem

Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for taking the time to read this first of all, and now for the problem...

The past few months my nano has started randomly pausing (I don't use it in bad weather, and as far as i'm aware, it's never been exposed to water), but it doesn't do it every now and then, but more like once a minute, sometimes more. After about 10 or so minutes it tends to work as normal....

I do regular iTunes and iPod updates via iTunes but it doesn't sort nothing out, admittadly it's had a lot of use over the past couple of years, but the fact it randomly pauses doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me... I'm wondering, have any of you guys had this problem, if so, is there any way to sort this out? It's really annoying, specially seeing as I enjoy bike riding and using my iPod whilst doing so, but stopping to press play gets tiring after a while...

Many thanks in returns, Ben...

Reaction score
Yes I use the hold button, and I've done all of those steps apart from reformatting it, but I honestly can't see how that would work, maybe it will, I will try it soon.

I was doing a little research on the net and I found out that it's possible that it has something to do with a faulty headphone jack. And I tested this by having my ipod connected to my PC speakers and didn't move it for an hour, and it didn't pause once, it only does it when i'm moving. Shame my warrenty has run out :(

Ask a Question