SOLVED Finder file listing problems

Reaction score
When I view files in a folder on my iMac in list view, I can sort by name, date created etc and clicking a second time on the same selection will reverse the sort yet when I view the same folder in icon view I can only sort in one direction giving reducing sort and clicking a second time has no effect. This means when I sort photos in list view and then wish to check my selection in icon view, the order can be completely different and of course the file name does not show in icon view..

Surely this restriction cannot be intentional?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm...have you tried Command-J or View > Show View Options in icon mode. You have more options in that pop-up.

C

Reaction score
Thanks indeed. I have fiddled with those options but still cannot get the sort in icon view to be either ascending or descending as I can in list view.
I suppose I will just have to live with it and work around it. I do not understand why the sort option changes when you move from List to Icon view but then no one can understand all the simplifications Apple build into their software.

Ask a Question