Arranging files in Finder

Reaction score
The arrangement of my files in Desktop mysteriously changed from the way I always had it and the way the other sidebar folders are arranged. I understand sorting by title, kind, date last opened or modified, size. No matter how I sort, the items are grouped in Yesterday, Previous 30 Days, list of months--most recent to oldest. I want all the items arranged by one of the headings, not arranged within date blocks. I've selected View for Desktop and the other sidebar folders, but cannot see a difference in the choices.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi, I'm not 100% sure what you are seeing exactly. Are you referring to Finder? Are you meaning when you look at the contents of a folder, or the files/folders arranged on the Desktop?

Sidebar can be re-arranged, added to or restored to default depending on what you like.

Regarding the contents of the folder, the keyboard shortcuts Command 1 through to 4 toggle between the 4 different "views"; Icon, List, Column & Coverflow.

Ask a Question