Finder crashing on Get Info

karazelle

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Mac running OS X Server 10.4.7. I have this problem in some, but not all, admin and user accounts alike that when I right click and do a Get Info on a folder or object, Finder crash and restarts instantly.

Obviously that is really annoying.

I have tried to figure out what files to remove and so on, but I haven't managed to fix it so far. I'm appreciative of any suggestions. :confused:

The problem does not occur on root and the admin account I established initially during the Server setup assistant, but on all subsequent accounts it occurs. It wasn't a problem when I installed OS X, but I believe it began when I installed 10.4.4, and I didn't have time to look at it then.

Reaction score
A stab in the dark here, but are all server's/shares mounted and showing in finder under each account?

It sounds like the Mac is timing out/deadlocking when you get info. (could be a TC/IP issue perhaps if server shares are involved?)

karazelle

Reaction score
A stab in the dark here, but are all server's/shares mounted and showing in finder under each account?

This is a small server. Other machines opens shares that this Mac provides.

I think its more likely to be a finder/plugin/something issue since this is a problem in some accounts but not all, and independant of whether its even connected to the network. If Mac clients mount this Macs shares, they can do Get info on the servers files. :confused:

I'm not running Open Directory. It's Standalone. Windows services are not enabled beyond normal Windows sharing (not PDC, BDC or anything).

Appreciate advice so far.

Ask a Question