Files not showing

Reaction score
am having a problem with my macbook air. On our website we have a facility where we can upload photos and up until this week when I upgraded to the new OS Mavericks it was all working fine.

Now, when I click 'Add' which opens the browse files function, it opens the home file but no files appear when there are photos in there. I also can't access the desktop from it, all the files just show empty.

I have checked on my colleagues macbook air and his is still working fine. Has anybody got any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

Question, if you just open finder and navigate to your home file can you see the images as well as desktop?

Reaction score
Yes, everything works fine from finder. It is just when I open it to find the files via the website.

Reaction score
Hi,

I felt this would be the case, try uploading a file to media fire or some other and again I feel all will be well. So think you should contact your website admin as the issue lies here.

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I have contacted our web people but I can't understand how the files show fine in the same box on a different, but identical mb air but not on mine. FYI it doesn't open the full finder style like tiny pic etc do, it goes straight for the home file, which on mine is showing empty although there are files in it and on my colleagues mb airs, they can still see it fine.

Reaction score
Hi,

FYI it doesn't open the full finder style like tiny pic etc do, it goes straight for the home file, which on mine is showing empty

This is defiantly the issue, as I said a real test would be to try and upload one of these images to media fire or some other hosting site, and if successful which I feel it would be re navigation in finder then it does point to the web site.

Also I take it all MBA`s are running Mavericks.

Ask a Question