Faxing from Mac

Reaction score
  1. Open the document you want to fax, then choose File > Print.

2. Choose Fax PDF from the PDF pop-up menu.

3. Choose your fax machine from the Printer pop-up menu.

These are the starting instructions of Mac Help--Send a Fax.

I opened a Word doc.

Then, attempting Step 2., there is no Fax PDF option in the PDF pop-up menu.

I can select my Fax machine from the Printer pop-up menu, but there still is no Fax PDF in the PDF pop-up menu.

There is an Edit Menu option which allows the addition of Printing Workflows which may allow the addition of the Fax PDF option but I'm not sure what or how to add.
    Could use some help.

Thanx.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of Mac OS X?
-Which brand/model of printer with faxing capabilities?

C

Reaction score
OK...thanks.

Try downloading/installing the Epson Fax Utility v1.73

C
Cory,

Thanks for your help.
I downloaded and installed the Epson Fax Utility v1.73. For some reason I can't find it on my Mac. In fact I can't find any of the Epson drivers on my Mac. But the printer and scanner both work. I looked in my Epson Utilities file but nothing is there. (See snapshot) I'm puzzled!!

I tried to Fax a doc but the fax option was not there(See snapshot)

Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 9.47.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-20 at 10.22.55 AM.png

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
The first screenshot looks like it is ready to fax - note the Fax button instead of Print. I don't think you need to print to a Fax PDF first.

To access the Epson Fax Utility, check out page 169 of the manual:
1. In the Apple menu or the Dock, select System Preferences. Select Print & Fax or Print & Scan, select the FAX option for your product, and select Options & Supplies. Select Utility and select Open Printer Utility."
2. Double-click FAX Utility.
3. Select your FAX product in the Printer list.
4. Select Fax Settings.
5. Follow the prompts that appear on the screen to enter your fax header information and select your fax settings.

-Do you have a phone line connected to the Epson?
-Did you do follow/complete all the fax setup instructions in the manual?

C

Reaction score
The first screenshot looks like it is ready to fax - note the Fax button instead of Print. I don't think you need to print to a Fax PDF first.

To access the Epson Fax Utility, check out page 169 of the manual:
1. In the Apple menu or the Dock, select System Preferences. Select Print & Fax or Print & Scan, select the FAX option for your product, and select Options & Supplies. Select Utility and select Open Printer Utility."
2. Double-click FAX Utility.
3. Select your FAX product in the Printer list.
4. Select Fax Settings.
5. Follow the prompts that appear on the screen to enter your fax header information and select your fax settings.

-Do you have a phone line connected to the Epson?
-Did you do follow/complete all the fax setup instructions in the manual?

C
Cory,

Thanks for all your help. I have not solved the problem yet and still need your help. If you will allow, I will get back to you shortly. A frustrated 77 year old needs to calm down, fall back, and regroup.

Barry

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Understood...no worries.

Have you tried Epson Customer Service via telephone or an Apple Store near you? It may help your frustration to talk to Epson directly, since they make the unit. An Apple Store may be able to help you with a hands-on approach. Sometimes that is a bit easier, since we don't have direct physical access to the equipment or any experience with that model of Epson.

If not, we can continue when you are ready, and hopefully get it solved.

C

Ask a Question