Factory Reset Screw Up

Reaction score
I posted this in the os x thread first, but this seems a more appropriate place.

"So I attempted to do a disk free factory reset on my Macbook Pro, I went into recovery mode (Command R) and erased the Hard Drive, it was late at night so I shut down thinking I could finish up the next day, and I couldn't get back into recovery mode after that. Right now I'm basically dealing with a blank computer with no OS and I'm wondering if there's any way to get back into recovery mode after having done this, right now I get the option for internet recovery but my wifi network isn't recognized. Any help possible would be greatly appreciated."

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

In what way is your Wi-Fi network not recognized? Can you not see it, or is it a hidden network? Was it setup with anything other than a WPA/WPA2 security password?

It should prompt you to join a Wi-Fi network. If not, do you have an Ethernet cable you can connect between your MBP and the router?

C

Reaction score
It just doesn't show the network, the password is WEP, I have an Ethernet cable, but no adapter to connect the pro directly to the wireless.

Edit: Nevermind friend, I just missed the Ethernet port on the macbook, all is well.

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
The network isn't showing, because WEP isn't supported for Internet Recovery.

I assume from your "all is well" that the Ethernet port worked for you for Internet Recovery?

C

Ask a Question