Perform a full factory recovery

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a bit new in the Mac world and I got a small issue. I have installed Ubuntu alongside Mac OS. Since I have done to work with it, I have uninstalled it. Now this is done, I have a lot of problem and I want to perform a full factory recovery : for example, my Recovery HD is mounted and visible in the finder. I have tried a reinstallation but some problems are still present. So I'm wondering if an installation on a clean hard drive would be doable. By clean hard drive, I mean a hard drive without any partition (neither the EFI one, nor the main one, nor the Recovery HD).

My idea is the following one : create a USB stick, delete all the partition of my HDD, reinstall MAC OS.
Do you think this solution is doable and would solve my problem ? Furthermore, will this kind of reinstallation recreate the recovery partition ?

Maybe someone else has another idea to solve my problems. If this is the cas, do not hesitate ! :)

Thank you

Reaction score
You need to let us know the following information before proceeding with a solution:

1. What exact Mac model do you have?

2. What exact Mac OS are yiu using?

3. Do you still have the "Install Mac OS X (Mac OS name)" file someplace? (You will need that to make a bootable USB "stick"/flash drive).

4. Are you making any backups at all to an external drive?

5. Have you performed any disk cleanup/maintenance on the internal drive?

Ask a Question