External webcam on MacBook Pro not working on Web Meeting Apps

Reaction score
I am unable to use a Vitade HD826 connected via USB to a MacBook Pro OS Catalina 10.15.6 with Zoom, WebEx and GoToMeeting. All these apps have permission to use the camera in System Preferences Security and Privacy. But turning on this USB camera for the software mentioned only produces a black window screen. The camera works fine with FaceTime and PhotoBooth on the MacBook and works well on my iMac Catalina 10.15.6 with FaceTime, PhotoBooth AND Zoom (Have not tried WebEX or GoToMeeting). I have tried Apple Support without any luck and even reset the NVRAM/PRAM. What's the issue?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Catalina has a lot more security built-in, so I would check the Security & Privacy > Privacy settings again. Specifically, look for entires for the camera and those applications in the following sections, and enable them if not checked:
Camera
Microphone
Accessibility
Screen Recording

See if that helps,

C

Reaction score
Thanks Cory, but that didn't do it. The USB camera still does not show my video.
Scott

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm...sorry for the delayed response.

The next thing I would try is a test user on the MBP. If it works with those apps there, it is probably a setting/preference in your user. If it doesn't work, then it is a system setting/preference issue.

C

Ask a Question