.exe file options

Reaction score
I have a .exe file on a CD. I know that it is safe and when it opens, it is supposed to play a slideshow. I tried downloading CrossOver to open it and had no luck. I have a MacBook and my husband has a MacBook Pro (neither with Windows) and we would like to be able to open the file on both computers. I know .exe files are somewhat self-sufficient files on PCs but even if there were a website where we could upload it to and then view it, that would be file. Or, can the file extension be converted/reformatted so that we can save it as something Mac-friendly and then burn to a different CD on that extension.

Reaction score
Thats a Window application, you need Windows to run that. Nope, no and no. If you must run it then you have to buy and install Windows, Parallels, VMWare or BookCamp.

If it just a slideshow look a little deeper and you might find the Folder with the photos, then Select All, Hold Down the Option Key and the Quick Look Icon in the Toolbar will change to a Slideshow button.

Ask a Question