java exec files oppening non stop as application

Reaction score
Dear all,
for the last 2 day my macbook pro is making some really weird things.It started when I got new internet provider and getting connected wireless top my router. It is starting some unknown application that is called "f5t5whwc" and this app is automatically opening dozens of icons on my dock that are called java exec file.When I try to restart the machine I get a message saying: "The application f5t5whwc quit the restart/shut down"
I am attaching a screen shot so you can have a look at this problem.

Please help me with this annoying problem.

Regards

Kris

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 339

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
You can look in the Activity Monitor (Applications ~> Utilities) and in the pull-down menu, select "All Processes Hierarchically".

Look for this unwanted Process and quit it there in the Activity monitor window.

Also try a Spotlight search for the app itself ...

It looks like something that won't harm your MacBook Pro but I haven't come across this before. Do you have a Windows partition on your MBP?

Reaction score
Spawn _Dooley,
thank you very much for helping me.
I quit it from the activity monitor and is working for now.
To answer your question: I do not have a Windows partition on the MBP.
Do you know what can cause this kind of problems?

Once again thank you for helping me.

Best regards

Kris

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I have tried to find out what causes this and I've so far struck a blank.

The answer no doubt would lie in what you may or may not have done in the near past which might or might not have contributed to this strange behaviour.

If it is something sinister, and I really haven't a clue other than the fact that it is a Windows exe file trying to launch itself on an Operating System which doesn't recognise such a file which is a very good thing!

If you can locate it on your Hard Disc and remove it successfully without it returning, then that is the least we can hope for.

Reaction score
Do you know what can cause this kind of problems?
Its just a badly written Java App, probably written on Windows and never tested on the Mac.
Just throw it in the Trash and don't launch it again.

Ask a Question