Excel and e-mail help.

Reaction score
In previous years (when I used a PC), I used an Excel spreadsheet to enter data for kids registering for our local baseball program. I entered all of their personal information, but also add every e-mail address they wanted us to use in contacting them. From this data, I would copy all of the e-mail addresses into a different page on the spreadsheet in order to create an e-mail list, then when I needed to send an e-mail to all of these people, I would simply copy the list over to a new e-mail in the address area, and I was good to send the e-mail.

As I am trying to do the same thing this year on my new Mac, I am not able to copy the e-mail list from my spreadsheet to my e-mail. I don't want to have to add all of these people into my address book, because it is not only a lot of work, but I don't want them in my address book after the season is over. That is what made my previous method work so well.

I am using Office Mac 2008 Home and Student Edition.

Any thoughts?

Also, some of the e-mail addresses I enter in my spreadsheet automatically have a hyperlink while others do not. Why does this occur and how can I easily get all of them to hyperlink or not hyperlink?

Thanks.

Reaction score
What email application are you using? I've used Excel spreadsheets with email addresses and was able to copy them to an email. I would simply paste the addresses in the email and it'd know they were addresses.

As for the hyperlink, that's what MS Office does as a default for links, unless you change your preferences in each specific program (Word, Excel, etc.). In Excel, for example, go to Preferences > Auto Correct. You will see the first check box accomplishes what you want. Either check or uncheck as per your needs.

Reaction score
Egidio,

I am using the e-mail system from Mac (Apple 3.6). Yes, I have always done the same thing until now.

Thx.

Reaction score
When you have you email list in Excel, can you do a copy and paste the addresses in the To field of Mail?

Ask a Question