Eudora for Mac

Reaction score
I was very fond of Eudora way back (2008) when I still used a Windows machine. I would like to hear others opinion of Eudora for Mac prior to installing it on my machine.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Eudora is actually no longer under development. Qualcomm acquired it, then it became open source under Mozilla's control. Mozilla stopped development in 2010 and it became deprecated in 2013. Its replacement/successor is Mozilla Thunderbird.

C

Reaction score
Hello,

Eudora is actually no longer under development. Qualcomm acquired it, then it became open source under Mozilla's control. Mozilla stopped development in 2010 and it became deprecated in 2013. Its replacement/successor is Mozilla Thunderbird.

C
Thank you, Mr. Cooper. OK, then I will rephrase my question and expand it some. Is Mozilla Thunderbird 'similar' to Eudora and is it a bit of software that you would recommend?

Reaction score
Thank you, Mr. Cooper. OK, then I will rephrase my question and expand it some. Is Mozilla Thunderbird 'similar' to Eudora and is it a bit of software that you would recommend?
Hello,

C
PS to last: PLESE IGNORE PREVIOUS NOTE. My wife was bragging about how she could do things with her Eudora that I could not do with my Mac Mail. After exploring a little on my mac Mail, I see how to do this, so I and perfectly happy without adding anymore software. Sorry to have bothered you. But, as always, I appreciate your kind willingness to help.

Reaction score
I would like to switch from Windows to Mac, but I can't bear the thought of losing Eudora. I hear that Thunderbird is supposed to be a replacement; other people have said they like the Mail app in the Mac Operating systems.

Questions:
(1) Does Thunderbird allow backing up all the relevant files in a single directory, like Eudora does? (2) Does Thunderbird allow running multiple instances of the application, like Eudora does? (3) Is the Mac Mail app easy to back up in a single directory? (3) Does Mail allow running multiple separate instances?

The bottom line is I need an app which downloads to my computer -- i.e., not web-based -- but is also portable, and allows separate accounts to be run by completely separate programs. I need to keep separate email accounts COMPLETELY separate, not just separate 'personalities' within the same program.

Thank you very much,
RTLMommy

Reaction score
Well, if you want both Mac and Windows bad enough, you can have them both on the same machine. You can install Windows on a Mac and run it side by side with OSX. I haven't done this myself, just know it's possible.

Ask a Question