Error while installing dmg files in High Sierra

Reaction score
Yesterday I bought my new Mac Book Air and downloaded some apps. I later upgraded to Mac OS High Sierra and when I open a dmg file and drag the icon to Application folder beside it or Desktop, an error pops up saying

"The operation can’t be completed because one or more required items can’t be found.

(Error code -43)"

Before upgrade everything worked fine but after upgrade to High Sierra (10.13.1) this started happening.

Reaction score
It seems like more and more issues are being reported with High Sierra. A couple of questions:

1. Did you upgrade the Mac OS (I assume it was the latest version of Sierra, OS 10.12.6) "in place", ie, just let High Sierra overwrite the OS "stuff" that was already there?

2. After you did the upgrade, did you test it by restarting the Mac Book Air?

3. For the apps you downloaded, are you certain they are compatible with High Sierra? THis site can help you with that:

https://roaringapps.com/apps

Just put the Application Name in the Search box, and you will then see whether it is compatible with High Sierra (or Sierra, for that manner). You also might want to make sure that you downloaded the latest version of the app.

Reaction score
Ah, I did a simple restart after upgrading my Mac and everything worked like a charm. I heard people that you can just close a Mac's lid and you don't need to restart so I went with the fashion but now I think restart makes most of the problems go away.
Anyways, answering the questions-
1) No, every stuff was kept as is after upgrade.

2) Well, now I did and then it's working fine

3) Not any specific app but it was happening with every app.

Ask a Question