Error 95 on torrent download attempt

Reaction score
Despite kind help from searay with addresses for "Transmission-0.6.1.dmg" and "Azureus_2.5.0.0_OSX.dmg" both stop in disk copy progress as "failed to mount due to error 95. (no mountable file systems)" Should I have had a torrent open? or is it because I am using "BitTorrent-5.0.0.exe" when I should be using something else? My machine is a G3 with OS 10.2 and my skills with it are sub-par. Also maybe I should mention I am useing firefox as my browser instead of Safari? Will try to open torrent while waiting for the calvary to arrive. Thank you searay for your help! I'd like some more if you can stomach it :)

Reaction score
Hello again LDR123

Sorry to hear about your torrent woes. I see you are running BiTorrent5.0.exe. Macs cannot run .exe files. Try going to this link here to download the Mac version of bittorrent which is 4.4.1. As far as what error 95 unable to mount, I am not sure what that means. I would think it has something to do with the version of bitorrent you downloaded. Try the suggestion above and let us know how it works out for you. Best of luck to you!

Searay

Ric

Reaction score
Hi LDR123,

I'll download Azureus later today and do a few screen grabs for you...

That should make it easier.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
could you maybe clarify what the problem is ?
are you unable to open .dmg files ?
or unable to open torrent files ?

you arnet supposed to directly open a torrent file instead you need to let the torrent client handle it and let it download whatever file you want
when thats done you can discard the torrent file

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

don't worry you're not bugging me !

I'll post a "How to use Azureus on OS X" guide later this morning.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
i tend to favor bit torrent over azureus
azureus runs on java is a rescource hog ( like al java which is why i cant stand it) and interferes with my aim connection
the other clients dont do that

Reaction score
Dank U vell bluecat, I've tried with bittorrent 4.4.1 for my mac G# OSX.2, with firefox browser but still no love

Reaction score
Oh, OK, this is the deal. I try to open a torrent and all I get is code. I'm running a mac G3 on OSX.2, browser is firefox. Bittorrent is 4.4.1, I have tried opening with bitspirit.exe but even as I write that I remember (or think I do) that mac won't do exe files? I do get the feeling that I am getting ever closer to being able to download torrents because of all the help. Thanks again folks, please keep the help coming :)

Reaction score
One reason that BitTorrent 4.4.1 won't work may be that it requires OS X 10.3 while you're running 10.2, try Tomato Torrent instead (http://sarwat.net/bittorrent/, according to the web page it runs on 10.2), or if you would like to try out other bittorrent programs for mac for yourself see this list.

It's interesting that you get error 95 (no mountable file systems) though... I would try to redownload the .dmg file in those cases (and delete the non-functioning one first).

Reaction score
OK so I'm still at it! I tried Tomato and that did seem to go better but when I tried to drag the torrent into that "download torrents here" box it wouldn't open them because it couldn't read them, when I finally got something to open by fooling around it just opened in code again. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? any suggested sites to download movie torrents? Maybe I'm just trying the wrong sites? I don't know :-( Tahnks for the help all, now including Daydreamer :)

Reaction score
man dont download azureas as i downloaded it a day ago and now my computer is messed up and i can no longer log in or find my files or anything.
If anyone knows how to fix this by the way please leave a post on my thread as i am in great need of help as i cant log in to my account and because i file vaulted i can not find my stuff anymore

Ask a Question