Error #17099

Reaction score
Mac OSX

Version: 10.4.10

Error #17099
"Data size exceeds maximum permitted"

Mac attempts to resend every 10 minutes. I want to delete the file but delete button doesn't take it away.

Thanks.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi doris maley and welcome,

Could you supply a bit more info please? What exactly are you doing when this error pops up?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I found the following explanation, does it apply to what you are trying to do?

Error -17099

Relaying to <the email address> prohibited by administrator Email could not be sent Account name (my account name) Error -17099

Error -17099 is an Entourage error kSMTPServerReplyErr, and is returned when the SMTP server has returned a permanent or transient error or returns an unexpected result code.

This error is coming from your ISP.

Users have reported this error when sending to large groups. ISPs limit the number in a group. Usual number is 50 recipients to avoid spammer misuse. Entourage has no limit. You should contact your mail provider to ascertain the maximum number of recipients per message and note it. You can use the free "Split Recipients" script to send a mass e-mail in separate mailings automatically:

Split Recipients for Entourage 2001

Split Recipients for Entourage X

Most ISPs also require you to use their SMTP address when sending.

Reaction score
When I am on ME, the message keeps resending every 10 min. I want to delete the message. I don't even know the content now.

Ask a Question