entourage-importing groups

Reaction score
hello,

I have Mac 10.5.6........and Entourage 10.1 (2006)

My mailing list has become to large to send out mass Emails from Entourage......I even broke them down into groups of 80....a Mailer-Daemon failure notice comes back for the entire group...... apparently, none of them got through.

So now I am going to try an Email service on my host account. But I can't manage to export my Entourage mailing list. If I select export, it does not give me the option of what type of file, or which files (groups) to copy. It only exports my personal addresses, not my mailing list.

I want to export specific groups in my general mailing list

must I upgrade to 2008 to use this feature? Hope this is not necessary... Its expensive and I don't use Entourage for anything other than Email. I have Address Book and my iPhone for addresses and schedules.

I hope there is a workaround.

thanks for reading.
john

Reaction score
A friend figured out how to do it. I'm posting here in case someone else needs to do this.

Drag the group from the Entourage general list, onto the desktop. It becomes a text file.

Drag it into the text box of a program such as InDesign. It should appear as a single column.

Save as a text file

Open it in Excel.......add a second column in Excel....title it anything...."list"....copy and paste into all columns in the second column by selecting all and paste.

Export as a text file

Import this into Mac Address book

Drag from "last import" list into your new group.

just in case you might need it!

carney

Ask a Question