Enlarge WORD document page.

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

When I open an existing document or start a new doc, the page appears up in the left hand corner of my screen. The text is not reduced in size just the page itself to about the size of a small playing card and I can't get it to open up by going to the corner and pulling it opened. I think that my granddaughter might have used a shortcut button to reduce the size, but I can't seem to fix it. HELP!

Reaction score
I have Word 2011, and when I start the program up, the blank page does not fill the entire screen. But, it is not as small as what you are seeing. If you click on "Layout" near the top, there are various size settings. For me, under Page Setup - Size, I have it set to "US Letter - borderless (8.5 " X 11")". For Margins, I have the Left and Right set to 1.25", and Top and Bottom set to 1".

Your issue seems like one of "Document Placement". Unfortunately, I could find, in Word, how that is set. Do you have just Word, or the Office 2011 "package"? If you have the package, what happens when you start up Excel? Does it do the same thing?

Maybe you can try and remove Word and re-install it. But, if you have the "entire" Office package, that might be difficult/impossible.

Ask a Question