DVD stuck in Mac

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an iBook G4 and I got a DVD stuck in my Mac. I was watching a movie and after it was done, I tried to eject the DVD out but it wouldn't come out. I tried restarting my computer and holding down the cursor, but the DVD is still stuck! :eek:

I am very new to Macs and welcome any suggestions!
Here is more info on my Mac (if it helps at all):
Mac OS X
Version 10.4.7
1.42 GHz PowerPCG4

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an iBook G4 and I got a DVD stuck in my Mac. I was watching a movie and after it was done, I tried to eject the DVD out but it wouldn't come out. I tried restarting my computer and holding down the cursor, but the DVD is still stuck! :eek:

I am very new to Macs and welcome any suggestions!
Here is more info on my Mac (if it helps at all):
Mac OS X
Version 10.4.7
1.42 GHz PowerPCG4

Thanks!

Hello, give this a shot. Double click the AppleScript to open it in Script Editor and then click on the run button.

Attachments

• TrayEject.scpt.zip
    816 bytes · Views: 309
Reaction score
You can try this as well-
Ejecting a CD or DVD when all else fails:
If you've tried all the usual methods of ejecting a CD or DVD from your computer's optical drive, there are some other methods you can try.

First, quit all applications that are using files on the disc. Then try one of these alternate methods:

Open Disk Utility (in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder), select the disc, and choose File > Eject.
Choose Apple menu > Restart and hold down the mouse or trackpad button until the disc ejects.
If your drive has an emergency eject hole, put the computer to sleep and insert a large, straightened paper clip in the small emergency eject hole of the drive (the location varies, depending on the drive). Push firmly until the disc ejects.
If all other methods fail, you can try to eject the disk using the firmware. (This may not work on all computers. For example, it does not work on Intel-based computers.) The steps below describe how to start up and briefly use the computer with only the firmware loaded, not the standard Mac OS X interface.
To eject a disc using firmware:
Restart the computer.
When you hear the startup sound, press and hold the Command-Option-O-F keys. (The Command key has an Apple on it.)
Release the keys when you see a white welcome screen.
At the prompt, type:
eject cd

Press Return, then wait a few seconds. The disc drive should eject the disc, and "ok" appears on the screen when the action is complete.
Type:
mac-boot

Press Return.

Ask a Question