DVD+R issues

Reaction score
I tried to search for this to see if anyone else had posted previously and I couldn't find anything. I also hope I'm posting in the right place...

I'm wanting to back up some information, mostly image files and a few songs. I bought Memorex 8x 8.5GB to do so. My first attempt was a disaster. After making me wait almost an hour, it then said that the attempt failed because the dvd could not be verified... whatever that means. I burned Sonys on here just fine, but they were 4.7GB. I burn at the lowest speed available, since the last time I tried to burn at the highest or the middle speed, it didn't work as well. Anyway, I'm looking into Verbatim DRV+R 8.5GB and I found a reasonably good deal on those, but I'd rather find out if this brand is a good idea or not for Mac, because I don't want to make the same mistake and pay for a pack of DVDs that DOESN'T work. If there are any other brands that are sure to work on Macs, I'd love to know.... I'd appreciate the help. I need to back up some files ASAP.

Thanks a bunch!

Ask a Question