DVD burn errors

Reaction score
Greetings,

Can you assist? When trying to burn via Toast 6 Titanium any DVD (video TS files) all appears good BUT then I get a Sense Key=Medium error, sense code = 0x73, 0x03. If I OK this I get it for a total of 4 times and system stops. However discs are OK and will burn via my fire wire DVD recorder perfectly. Mac is 1.67 GHz, 512M ram, 10.4.7, and super drive. Super drive burns CD's OK, reads CD's and DVD's all OK.

Any advice or diagnostics would be a big help.

Finally is there a utility to allow me to view Video TS files?

Thanks Steve

Reaction score
Hi Steveo
What sprrd are you trying to burn you DVD's at? Try forcing them to burn at a slower rate
Regards
Teapot

icon7.gif

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. Tried down as low as x2 (will now try x1!) but cant understand why the unit fails to burn DVD's.

You would think that if it burns CD's OK, which it does; so it should burn DVD's OR is the laser wavelength different?

Normally I burn DVD's with a separate fire wire unit, which is at home, (I am away on business at present) but I tried quickly with the internal drive a couple of times and no joy! Tried several manufacturers media too, same fault.

Maybe it's the drive but it reads everything OK??!!

Good news is that I can read and play the Video_TS files from Apple's DVD player by just selecting the file (Doh!) & running it, so that's fixed!

Thanks for your response, regards Steve

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there Steve and welcome !

another question, does the drive burn okay via the Finder without using Toast ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Thanks for your response.

I have tried everything (I think!) Super Drive / writer is a Matsushita UJ-845E. From 'Toast' even @ x1 speed, same error recorded as posted previously but disc is OK but not written at all.

Via finder still an error, lowes speed is x2, "Error: Operation could not be completed because an error occurred. Error code 0x8002006D"

However CD's are fine; burns in both modes…...

Hummmmm.......

Regards Steve

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Steve,

try using the same "media" that the Drive supports, if it is a 4x drive then only use 4x media etc (don't use higher rated media), this seems to cure it for some people...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question