dvd burning

Reaction score
I recenty tried to burn music from iTunes,i inserted a blank disc clicked iTunes in the pop up window it told me to pick my selection to burn then click file in iTunes and then click to burn but i couid find where to do this.
help please,
watt

Reaction score
You need to make an Album and move the songs you want into that.
Then File Menu > Burn

Reaction score
Hi,

Also remember when you insert the blank disk you will get a pop up re finder click ok and you will see the disk mounted on your desktop ready for burning to.
Then follow Kavemans advice.

Reaction score
Thanks all for your input gents,all was ok till i clicked on burn, a window popped up telling me that the download was to large for the the dvd which is a verbatim 4.7 gb for about fifteen songs,What am i not doing right?
thank you,
watt

Reaction score
Hi,

the dvd which is a verbatim 4.7 gb
Maybe you selected a CD instead of DVD but I would have thought you would get a box like my screen shot 8 , try this.
1) Insert CD and you will see my screen shot 1 click ok.
2) Open iTunes and click playlists screen shot 2.
3) Now create a new playlist screen shot 3.
4) Now drag music into new play list screen shot 4 or highlight tracks then right click and add to playlist screen shot 5.
5) When finished track selection right click playlist and select burn as screen shot 6.
6) You should then get a screen as screen shot 7 click OK.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    77.7 KB · Views: 419
  • 2.png
    2.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 407
  • 3.png
    3.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 404
  • 5.png
    5.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 425
  • 6.png
    6.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 416
  • 7.png
    7.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 384
  • 8.png
    8.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 429
  • 4.png
    4.png
    193.7 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
just my 2¢ worth, you need to ensure the total file size for the group of tunes you are trying to burn doesn't exceed the DVD's capacity … you might need 2 DVD's.

Reaction score
Hi when i came to click on playlist it was not there all i have is/songs/albums/artists/genres/videos and internet, where is playlist,
thank,
watt

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
highlight the tracks in iTunes then go to File ~> New ~> Playlist From Selection. You can drag/drop further tracks to the playlist. Any deletions from a Playlist doesn't remove them from your iTunes Library or hard drive

Reaction score
I am completely at a loss here ,when i insert blank disc all i get is disc utility,what is wrong,
thank you,
watt

Reaction score
Hi,

When you insert a blank disk you should get a finder window as my first screen shot shows, click OK then open iTunes.

I use disk utility only to burn IOS image.

Ask a Question