Burn DVD

Reaction score
I want to burn a file of a video recording to disc but need to cut three-plus minutes from the beginning. How do I do that?

Reaction score
or iMovie

Thanks. But I don't know iMovie and am struggling with it. The first time I imported the video file it got jumbled(?!) Now I can't seem to import the file at all. Guess I'll have to keep struggling

Reaction score
Hi,

I use Mini Vid converter is free in the app store thus letting QT play your vid, then you just crop as you wish. As my screen shots.
EDIT:
Here is there download site.
http://miniappsoft.com

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-18 at 22.57.08.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-18 at 22.57.08.png
    214.3 KB · Views: 314
  • Screen Shot 2013-10-18 at 22.57.28.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-18 at 22.57.28.png
    48 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I will give it a whirl instead of struggling to learn the finer points of iMovie

Reaction score
Upon further review: The App store no longer carries Mini Vid. In going to the web site you indicated, the product seems to only be for converting dvd formats. Am I missing something?

Meanwhile, struggling with iMovie, strange things are happening: First, when it imports the dvd file scenes are jumbled. Then, in putting them in correct order I find that scenes are missing. Moreover, the time iMovie displays for the whole video is considerable less than what is displayed when I play that file using DVD Player. I'm flummoxed Any ideas?

Reaction score
Hi,

If you still have mini vid on your mac, just open it and drag your video into the box, choose the destination
, then choose covert to MP4 job done. Once the conversion is complete (and it is quick) it will now play in QuickTime.

Reaction score
QuickTime doesn't even play the video; I need DVD Player for that.
This would mean that the files are in VOB format, you will need to convert it to another format to edit it. I recommend Handbreak for this task, once it has been converted either iMovie or QT can be used to trim it.

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just done a small quick video on how to use the Mini Vid Converter, and shown you how to trim the finished file with Quicktime hope it helps, here it the link to my video just click and download.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/g6np8jno2ebsxhj/Mini_Vid_converter.mov

Things are getting curiouser and curiouser! And more frustrating. As I said, I didn't get Mini Vid Converter but, instead, found Handbrake, which users seem to like. I converted the DVD to MP4, imported it to iMovie and found that while the whole DVD seems to be there none -- NOT ONE -- of the clips show where they should. The whole thing plays but it's tough to edit without seeing the clips. I can't use QuickTime because I need to trim more than just from the beginning or the end, which, apparently, is all you can do in QuickTime. And yes, I have clicked "all Clips" on the button on the bottom. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Hi,

If I understand you, you have made a single continuous video but made up of numerous clips, and when imported into iMovie the clips become random and not in order.

If so this is indeed very odd. As the import should mirror the MP4 file.

Reaction score
-- NOT ONE -- of the clips show where they should.
where is this?
The clips should be imported into iMovie Event then laid out in a Project.

If the VOB was made of different segments then it may have ripped it as separate clips, that depends on how they made the DVD.

Reaction score
where is this?
The clips should be imported into iMovie Event then laid out in a Project.

If the VOB was made of different segments then it may have ripped it as separate clips, that depends on how they made the DVD.

Where the clips should show I now get a long series of grey rectangles. Only the clip that is playing shows. Moreover, iMovie goes into long -- l-o-n-g -- pauses and crashes frequently. I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with the program and am trying VideoPad during the free tryout period (although they never said how long that period is!).

Reaction score
Hi,

If I understand you, you have made a single continuous video but made up of numerous clips, and when imported into iMovie the clips become random and not in order.

If so this is indeed very odd. As the import should mirror the MP4 file.

No, it was not the MP4 file that got mixed up, it was the file before I converted it. Even so, it made no sense to have a chunk missing or the have the clips somewhat mixed up since the video played perfectly on DVD Player. Anyway, I think my iMovie app is screwed up -- crashes frequently -- so I'm trying VideoPad.

Ask a Question