DUMB THINGS You Thought as a Kid

SwampWitch

Reaction score
When I was little, I thought our bodies had thick, solid skin around the bones (like a Gumby doll).

I used to think that women had a little camera in their belly buttons, and it would take pictures of their husbands, so their baby could look like him.

One of my sisters had me believing that I was adopted (I wasn't), AND that my parents were disappointed when I was born because they wanted a boy.

My husband used to lie awake at night when he was a kid, worrying that he might be the anti-christ but just didn't know it yet.

What about you?

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

Reaction score
Oh man....where to start. LOL

When I was little, I was afraid of drains. Not shower/tub or sink drains but pool drains. I always thought I was going to get sucked in into some underworld type place. I could not enter the deep end of a pool at all. There is something eerie about pool drains still to this day, but I go in the deep end now. LOL

Reaction score
My 5 year old godson isn't so much afraid of going down the drain as he is something coming UP the drain to get him... specifically octopus and/or the grindylows from Harry Potter (he's not quite got it clear that they're different)...

When I was little I used to think/hope that somehow I could go inside the worlds inside books (like Alice through the looking glass), and live in Narnia, Camelot or Middle Earth...

Reaction score
When they were kids, my mom convinced my aunt (her younger sister) that chinese food was made with worms, and to this day (they're both in their 50s now) my aunt can not and will not eat chinese food...

Reaction score
When I was little I used to think/hope that somehow I could go inside the worlds inside books (like Alice through the looking glass), and live in Narnia, Camelot or Middle Earth...

I still wish I could do that ... I also have these wishes/fantasies of stopping time for everyone else or creating magical portals and doing all sorts of mischievous stuff with those abilities. :rolleyes:

I don't remember what I actually thought when I was physically still a kid (I believe I still am mentally, even though I've gained much knowledge since then). :tongue:

Reaction score
While I always hoped for a portal to fantasy worlds even when i was very young I knew it was only a fantasy... As one of my friends aptly puts it, I was "born grown."
I "just knew" alot of things (a wide range of things too, like how to read, take things apart and put them together, how things work) without ever having to be told or taught, which maybe contributed to my desire to escape the real world...

Reaction score
HAHA!!! Same here Zeyhra!

When I was young, I had to know how things worked. That was just me! I was always taking things apart. You know those child proof caps that are put on pill bottles and medicine bottles? When I was 2 years old, I figured out how to open them! I almost gave my mom heart attacks because of that.

Ask a Question