Dual Screens or Multiple Displays

Reaction score
Hello, Im in need of some advise.
I have a 2018 Macbook Pro and a 2019 iMac; i want to connect them together and use them as two displays- Drag tabs between computers and so on and so forth. Apparently apple doesn’t allow this feature and it only works on certain older Mac products. I tried "Sidecar" but that only works for ipads. I tried an application called "Duet"; successful but the resolution was terrible.
Ultimately, is there any way possible in performing a multiple display function by using an APP, converter or a series of cords???

If anyone could help, thanks.

Reaction score
macOS Monterey might be the solution you are looking for, and both of your Macs will be supported when it comes out. The feature is known as “universal control.” I haven’t tried it out yet, but most of the literature seems to imply connectivity “between a Mac computer and more than two devices,” but one image shows an iMac, a MacBook, and an iPad, controlled by a single set of keyboard and mouse, and I would assume, a trackpad as well. Definitely something to look forward to.

Monterey is presently at the sixth beta level which suggests the wide release could come out as early as this month.

Reaction score
macOS Monterey might be the solution you are looking for, and both of your Macs will be supported when it comes out. The feature is known as “universal control.” I haven’t tried it out yet, but most of the literature seems to imply connectivity “between a Mac computer and more than two devices,” but one image shows an iMac, a MacBook, and an iPad, controlled by a single set of keyboard and mouse, and I would assume, a trackpad as well. Definitely something to look forward to.

Monterey is presently at the sixth beta level which suggests the wide release could come out as early as this month.
Thank you! I appreciate the feed back.

Ask a Question