Dreopbox behaviour

Reaction score
Hello all!
I was looking for Dropbox on internetin order to create an account and to my surprise I discovered that I was already logged in to Dropbox. Apparently having access to my Mac was sufficient. No login was thus required. I even could open a few old documents in the box dating from 2015! I had forgotten all about that. According to a manual I should see Dropbox in Finder, but it is not there. It is not clear to which 'plan' I belong. It must be for free, since I never saw a bill. Uploading a file also works OK. I will try to use it and see what happens. Or do you think that might result in safety or other problems?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Sounds like you had created a free Dropbox account previously and the password was stored in your Mac's keychain. If it were a paid account that hadn't been used for a while, you would have been billed for it.

Normally, if you have the Dropbox application installed on your Mac, and you are signed in, you will see the Dropbox icon on the right sode of the menu bar at the top of the screen, or in the sidebar if you open a Finder window.

Do you see it in either location?

C

Reaction score
Thanks Cory, Yes I discovered some photos from 2015 in the box! And yes I see the icon in the menu bar.
My surprise was that signing in to my computer and asking for Dropbox in Google (and opening that) was sufficient to get to Dropbox. I thought I would be asked to sign in with iD and a password to open Dropbox each time I want to enter it. Dirk

Ask a Question