Disastrous Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I apologize in advance for the titangraph, but I'm completely frustrated and overwhelmed.

I bought my macbook pro in September 2011 (Lion) because it was required for my major. (Media production) It was completely out of my price range, and I only got enough credit to cover the macbook and not apple care.

This thing has been nothing but a burden since I've owned it. A little after a month, the trackpad went a little wonky--selecting text; swiping into mission control; clicking links on webpages, etc.
I've had to completely turn off gestures, and touch-to-click on the trackpad.

I have Sibelius 7, Ableton Live, and Pro Tools installed, and every time I open them, I get coremidi failures out the ______.

There is a pop-up that never fully appears; I see it come up onto the screen, but it disappears before I can read it--this happens about 12 times a day.

My battery life bites big-time, too. I can usually get 2 hours on a full charge on a good day.
I don't use blue-tooth hardware, so it's always off, and I keep the screen pretty dim.

I'm completely frustrated and disappointed here. I transferred (by force) to this from a Vista machine expecting so much better and the fact that I went broke to do it just adds insult to injury.

I know that I've got a laundry list of problems here, but I would sincerely appreciate any suggestions or advice.
Any takers? :D

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
If you bought this MacBook Pro brand new then it would come with a complimentary 1 year warranty and 3 months phone tech support so you should be using that resource.

Do you live near an Apple Service Centre?

Don't put up with these issues, get them seen to by a professional while you have the free warranty.

Regarding your CoreAudio problems, you could try asking over at the Mac OS X Audio Forums

Please let us know how you get on.

karazelle

Reaction score
I got a MacBook Pro spring 2011 that works great. I second spawn_dooley, you should have it looked at.

Ask a Question