difference between a WEP password and wifi key?

Reaction score
Hello
I have just bought a MacBook and I can't get it to log onto the internet. I managed to get it to log onto my wireless internet at home in the UK (which isn't security controlled) but when I returned to France with it I can't get it to log into my secured network. It asks me for a WEP code, and I was putting in my wifi key code, as that is normally what other users in my apartment have successfully used. It just says "code failed". Any thoughts or help with what a WEP code is?
Thanks!

Reaction score
Hello
I have just bought a MacBook and I can't get it to log onto the internet. I managed to get it to log onto my wireless internet at home in the UK (which isn't security controlled) but when I returned to France with it I can't get it to log into my secured network. It asks me for a WEP code, and I was putting in my wifi key code, as that is normally what other users in my apartment have successfully used. It just says "code failed". Any thoughts or help with what a WEP code is?
Thanks!
Hello,
Perhaps these links will help.
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/574632-wep-codes.html
http://www.askdavetaylor.com/what_is_a_wep_key.html

Reaction score
- WEP key is a form of WiFi security, protect your WiFi from other people use it. It is a connection password, laptop computers and other wireless equipment.
- Router password is the actual password to your router to change settings. This is very dangerous to leave the default password for the router. Hackers can redirect you to philishing attractions, your computer and personal information from hackers.

Ask a Question