Dashboard has taken control

Reaction score
Hi.
Got a weird and embarrassing problem. I've got a whoopee cushion on my dashboard, which has kind of jumped over to my desktop. The problem is that i can't get rid of it! Help?

Reaction score
Hi.
Got a weird and embarrassing problem. I've got a whoopee cushion on my dashboard, which has kind of jumped over to my desktop. The problem is that i can't get rid of it! Help?
Whoopee Cushion? Lol! Have you tried rebooting? :D

Reaction score
it sits on top of everything else, the trash, finder, itunes, everything.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 247
Reaction score
it sits on top of everything else, the trash, finder, itunes, everything.
Open Dashboard and click the icon of a cross inside of a circle at the bottom left of the screen. When you click this icon you'll notice X's next to all of your widgets. Locate Whoopee Cusion and click the X next to it and this should close it. If you don't want this widget anymore go to YOUR Library, open your Widgets folder, locate the Whoopee Cusion widget and throw it in the trash. ;)

Reaction score
The thing is though, that when i open the dashboard, the whoopee cushion is on the desktop, so i can't remove it.
I don't really think this is supposed to happen, so there doesn't seem to be a way to remove it!

Reaction score
The thing is though, that when i open the dashboard, the whoopee cushion is on the desktop, so i can't remove it.
I don't really think this is supposed to happen, so there doesn't seem to be a way to remove it!
When you open Dashboard the Widgets are supposed to appear over the Desktop. See attachment.

Attachments

• Dashboard.jpg
    Dashboard.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 253
Reaction score
That is exactly the problem, the whoopee cushion appears behind the dashboard so I cannot access it.

Reaction score
Can you send a screenshot?

No, I have tried but it won't take a shot of anything else but the whoopee cushion without the background. It floats on top of the trash and tool menu depending on where I drop it. It's literally stuck on the front of my screen, I can't even watch a movie without it being there.

Reaction score
No, I have tried but it won't take a shot of anything else but the whoopee cushion without the background. It floats on top of the trash and tool menu depending on where I drop it. It's literally stuck on the front of my screen, I can't even watch a movie without it being there.
Have you tried taking out it's widget from the widgets folder in your library and trashing it. For it to appear on your desktop, it must be installed.

Reaction score
yes I have done, but it's still there.
How about dragging the Whoopee Widget back to Dashboard? Click, hold and drag the Whoopee Widget on your desktop and at the same time hit the F12 key on your keyboard. When Dashboard opens drop the sucker in!

Reaction score
How about dragging the Whoopee Widget back to Dashboard? Click, hold and drag the Whoopee Widget on your desktop and at the same time hit the F12 key on your keyboard. When Dashboard opens drop the sucker in!
If that doesn't work we have to turn the Dashboard Devmode on. In order to do this Copy: defaults write com.apple.dashboard devmode YES and paste this code in your Terminal's window, hit enter, restart your Mac and try dragging the widget back in to Dashboard (like I described before) or if you're not crazy about Terminal I made an Automator App and threw it in a zip for you (see attacment 1) with an instructional movie. I'll leave the movie up here for a week or two. Good luck. Movie link-
http://homepage.mac.com/jerrykelk/filechute/dvc.mov

Attachments

• ComplimentsOfWalrus666.zip
    79.3 KB · Views: 211

Ask a Question