Curser running round screen

Reaction score
The curser runs all round the home page clicking on each icon and then moving on I cannot stop it or make stay in one spot I am using an Imac with El Capitan so there is no touch pad

Reaction score
Need more information:

1. What exact iMac model do you have?

2. What exact version of El Capitan are you running?

3. Have you ever done any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs from a software perspective? You can actually do quite a lot of disk cleanup on your own, and there are some excellent products available (both free and commercial) that can help you with those tasks. Two of the best (that I use) are Onyx and Tech Tool Pro.

4. Are you making backups to an external device? That is so, so critical!

5. What third party applications (ie, non-Apple) are you using? Are each of them compatible with El Capitan? This site can help you with that:

https://roaringapps.com/apps

6. How much free space do you have on your internal hard drive?

I wonder if you need to Repair Permissions. You can do that with Onyx, available from here:

https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html

Make sure you get V3.1.9, the one that is compatible with El Capitan. When you download it, install it, and launch it, one of the "tabs" will say "Maintenance". Click on that, and you'll see one that says "Permissions". Click on that, and run a few times. You might also consider running the other two tasks (Scripts, and Rebuilding).

Reaction score
I have a 21.5inch Imac 2.5GH and ElCapitan 10.11.6 Both tell me they are fully updated. The memory use is only 15%.The only non apple app is Office 2011 and I use word.I have downloaded and run Onyx as you suggested, for all the sections, permission,scripts and rebuilding. I have used the inbuilt Diskdoctor. I have run Norton antivirus for a full scan
The first fault is it reawakes without reason from sleep mode. 2. when typing the tab key sends letters randomly. 3.In Safari when trying to type into the search box, predictive text opens at every letter, if I type an "a" it opens Amazon for example. 4.WHen i return to the desktop page the curser moves rapidly over each icon and continues and cannot be stopped.I am sorry to go into so much detail, but I think they must all be connected

Ask a Question