Cons of Deleting System Apps?

Reaction score
I've owned this Mac for four years now, and have never used the overwhelming majority of its apps. I prefer a different browser, I detest the Siri function, and I'm horrified to find Photos automatically scanning my family's faces after having turned off the setting - in short, I only use a few select system apps: Notes, Music, Email, and...well, that's it. Does anyone here have ideas on deleting the unwanted apps - Photos, Safari, Garageband, Numbers, and similar - or experience with the feasibility/consequences?

Reaction score
I have, in the past, uninstalled, Numbers, Pages, Garageband, Keynote and iMovie with no problem whatsoever.
I use Appcleaner to remove them. If the app you want to remove is a protected app or a default OS X app you need to tick a box appcleaner > preferences.
I would suggest doing a full back up before removing any core apps, just in case.

Ask a Question