Comcast Airport Extreme Problem

Reaction score
Hi
I have a MacBookPro - Comcast (in MD) - and Airport Extreme.
I updated the Airport Extreme.
But I am unable to connect to the net via the wireless.
I am using DHCP for IPv4 and the address I get is incorrect.

What do I manually put for the IPv4 address? Router? Essentially I have tried various things like resetting and manually inputing information, but nothing works. If some has tried some thing that worked for them can I please get some tips on what to do.
I have called Comcast, but they really did not help me at all.

Thanks

Reaction score
Hello MacCarlos and Welcome!

Was the Extreme working before the upgrade? Which Airport Extreme do you have? The older style, looks like a UFO or the newer one that looks like a Mac-Mini? Are you able to connect to the net via an ethernet cable connected to the Extreme or directly to the Cable Modem?

Comcast is not very helpful when it comes to mac users, unfortunately. They don't have much documentation for us, sadly. Have you tried resetting the Cable Modem?

Let me know what you have done already. It may help me figure out what the problem is. Thanks

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Thank you Searay for your response. I was completely frustrated with the problem and simply started from scratch. The one thing I did differently was to shut down (unplug) the cable modem. Then it worked as hoped. So in the end it was an issue of the "user" not doing things exactly as told, and not an issue of the hardware.

I am using the latest (as of Nov. 07) Airport Extreme (looks like the mini).

Thanks again

Reaction score
Hello again!

Glad to hear it's working! Yeah, sometimes those things just clog up if you will. Let us know if you need any other help!

Cheerio
Searay

Ask a Question