Airport Extreme (and Comcast?)

Reaction score
Hi,

I cannot access Internet with my new Airport Extreme.

My Netgear Router just passed away, and I got an Airport Extreme instead since I have upgraded from PC to Mac (Macbook Pro). My Netgear Router worked just fine with both my Macbook and the old PC until it broke.

The network with the new Airport Extreme seems to work fine since I can access my external HD and printer, both of them are connected to the Airport Extreme by ethernet.

The Airport Extreme will not setup correctly, however. I do have Internet when I connect the cable modem directly to the computer, but when I connect it to the new router it will not work.

I have tried to fiddle around with the settings a bit; I have it on DHCP, I have entered the MAC address or Ethernet-ID in the field where it says DHCP client ID, or just left it blank. I have not entered a DNS server or domain name since I didn't have these settings specified on my Netgear Router.

I also tried to reset the Airport Extreme to the factory settings and started all over again, and I have tried to restart the cable modem. But the yellow lamp continue blinking, and I cannot access the Internet.

Any idea what might be wrong?

With best regards,

Johan
Palo Alto, CA

Ask a Question