Clone a hardrive

Reaction score
Hi There can you help,

I have a G5 with two hard drives. One containing my data and the other containing my applications/programmes etc. The one containing my applications and is getting old but still running. I want to replace this hard drive. How can I clone this hard drive to an external hard drive, Install a new hard drive and reboot and transfer all of my applications onto it? I use Time Machine but I suspect that if I try to start my Mac up having removed all the applications nothing will happen. I have tried looking at Migration Assistant but this does not make it clear?

Thanks everybody ad glad to be a member!

:rolleyes:

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

there are numerous ways to do this...

I personally use SuperDuper (not free but relatively cheap!)

I use it to clone drives and to do scheduled mirror backups, works like a charm !

best wishes

Ric

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Welcome GalMac, glad to have you onboard :)

I use SuperDuper too and would recommend it for what you want to do ... I'm pretty sure you can download it and start backing up immediately ... as far as I can recall, you have to perform a quite lengthy clone until you purchase a license. Then you have access to the full features ... :)

Ask a Question