preferbly 9.1
and if i can install os 9 after X

(probably not)

if not then il have to look for either 9.2.2 or reinstall mac os x
..which i ought to anyway because it refuses to connect to the internet

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

Install OS X first, make sure the drive has been initialised with 'OS 9 Drivers' in Disk Utility...

Then just do an OS 9.x install. It's fine to install after OS X.

Looking at the chart it will run whatever came with it... so some will have come with 9.0 some with 9.1 etc...it seems a bit vague.

But if you stick in a OS 9.0 install disk, it will give a dialogue box telling you if it can't install.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
i stuck a 9.1 disc in it and i got the message that i cant install 0s 9.1 on this computer
.....peachy
that means i have to hunt for 9 or 9.2
it also doenst see my mac os x disc so i take it the os 9 drivers are not installed
can i instal these post os x install ?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

sounds like you need the 9.2 disk !

What Mac OS X disks have you got ? You would either need the ones that came withe that Mac or the Retail ones.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
urgh just my luck
i have a beta of 10.1
and ful retail versions of jaguar panther and tiger

my MDD came with out any software preinstalled

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

any of the Retail Versions will work on that Mac, the Tiger one is a DVD though, so it will only work if there is a DVD drive in it.

it also doenst see my mac os x disc so i take it the os 9 drivers are not installed

Thats not quite how it works... the OS 9 drivers need to be present to allow that Mac to 'boot' into OS 9, they are not required for OS X disks to work.

Reboot with any of the Retail disks and hold down the c key and they should boot it, unless they are scratched or the drive is not working as it should be.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question