Catalina screen black after sleep

Reaction score
Hello,
I was a happy owner of an imac 27 2015 until 2 weeks ago a computer service installed a ssd drive. Accidentally the broke the screen, so they changed the screen too. And strange things happened. The imac starts in the morning without problems, then I can work for some hours. When I stop working and Catalina goes to sleep, the screen will stay black. Keyboard works, mouse works also ( I can hear acoustic response) . Even if I shut down the Mac I can't reboot. Screen stays black. Today I configured that the imac couldn't go to sleep, and it worked quite well, screensaver was running and I could login without problems, than I had a longer break, 3 hours. When I came back I could do the login but after 10 minutes, in the middle of work the screen went black. Sorry that I'm not posting my system configuration but right now I don't have access to my computer. If anyone had an idea, I'm quit desesperated. It seems that there is a real issue with Catalina and black screens. I had a look on the hackintosh side but I'm not able to do the procedure they are proposing. Thanks for reading me Bye. Theo

Reaction score
Hello,
I was a happy owner of an imac 27 2015 until 2 weeks ago a computer service installed a ssd drive. Accidentally the broke the screen, so they changed the screen too. And strange things happened. The imac starts in the morning without problems, then I can work for some hours. When I stop working and Catalina goes to sleep, the screen will stay black. Keyboard works, mouse works also ( I can hear acoustic response) . Even if I shut down the Mac I can't reboot. Screen stays black. Today I configured that the imac couldn't go to sleep, and it worked quite well, screensaver was running and I could login without problems, than I had a longer break, 3 hours. When I came back I could do the login but after 10 minutes, in the middle of work the screen went black. Sorry that I'm not posting my system configuration but right now I don't have access to my computer. If anyone had an idea, I'm quit desesperated. It seems that there is a real issue with Catalina and black screens. I had a look on the hackintosh side but I'm not able to do the procedure they are proposing. Thanks for reading me Bye. Theo
Did you try to reset the SMC & NVRAM?

Ask a Question