SOLVED Catalina on MB air

Reaction score
please recommend best software for burning jpeg/ and files in Disk Utilities

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Can you expand a bit on what you are trying to do? Are you trying to burn files to optical discs, make disk images, backup files, make playable discs for DVD players, etc.?

C

Reaction score
Primarily to burn scanned photographs from photos taken of my grandparents back in the 50/60s. I know I can put them on H/ drives but wish to send a cd or two on to a distant relation - where a computer is not required but the pictures can be projected onto a CD/DVD player. I know that one or two softwares are far to much to pay anyway but they are out of stock. Again C you have been helpful in the past and thank you for that.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

Honestly, you can simply burn to optical discs for free within Finder itself: Create and use a burn folder on Mac. That will just make a disc that can be mounted in a computer to transfer the photos.

DVD-playable discs are a whole other process. It would depend on which model Mac, which version if OS X/macOS, etc. Unfortunately, Apple retired iDVD years ago, which was a very easy tool to create DVDs playable on standard DVD players. Many modern DVD players can play discs with normal video files, like slideshows created with the Photos app.

I believe Roxio Toast can create DVDs like iDVD did, but I haven't made one in years!

C

Reaction score
Evening C. Again you have been very helpful and again many thanks for your helpful knowledge
Kind regards. Jnscts

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...

Good luck, and let us know if you have additional questions.

C

Ask a Question