Cannot use Word

Reaction score
Hello there
I am on OS10.14.5 and am having difficulty with Word. I was able to compose 2 letters this morning and print them out, however when I attempted to file them, they were on the desktop, I could not see them. On restarting my computer I attempted to open Word and all I got was the revolving ball at the top. I attempted to open Word files from my back up disc with the same result.

Word was already installed on my computer by the dealer when I bought it new.

I assume that somehow this application either has been corrupted or there is something else I can do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sapper

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello.

-Which version of Microsoft Office/Word?
-Did you get the install media when you purchased it?
-Did the issue just start?
-Is Word up to date?
-macOS Mojave 10.14.6 is out now, you should update that as well.

C

Reaction score
Hello Cory
I am on version 16.16.12 and the media was installed when I purchased the computer. The problem started yesterday but on trying this morning it seems to be working OK - it may have been a glitch, let's hope so. I will update OS Mojave as you suggest.

Many thanks for your interest.

Sapper

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

In the future, you can update Microsoft Products by navigating to:
Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Microsoft > MAU2.0 and launching Mictosoft AutoUpdate.

Currently 16.16.12 is the latest version of Microsoft Word (Office 2016), so you should be good there.

Glad it seems to be resolved. Let us know if the issue returns.

C

Ask a Question