Cannot hear calls on iPhone 7

Reaction score
I cannot hear a caller on my iphone 7. They also cannot hear me. They are using an iPhone and this problem is recent. I can hear same caller on my iPhone 6.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Have you tried powering off the iPhone, then powering it on?
-Is Bluetooth on and possibly connecting to a car/Bluetooth speaker? Try turning off Bluetooth.
-Can you hear the caller with the speaker enabled?
-Do you see a little moon icon in the menu bar?

C

Reaction score
Hello,

-Have you tried powering off the iPhone, then powering it on?
-Is Bluetooth on and possibly connecting to a car/Bluetooth speaker? Try turning off Bluetooth.
-Can you hear the caller with the speaker enabled?
-Do you see a little moon icon in the menu bar?

C
Thank you for your response. A little moon icon in which menu bar? When I text same person that was trying to call there is a crescent moon next to his name. I don't know where that came from. I cannot hear with speaker on and the bluetooth is no on.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Moon icon in the bar at the top - actually it is the status bar. It has the time, cell/Wi-Fi signal strength bars, battery icon/percentage, etc.

The moon icon is Do Not Disturb. You can check it in Settings > Do Not Disturb (DND). Also check what Allow Calls From is set to in the DND settings. If you have DND set to Favorites, and that person is not in your Favorites list, it will show the crescent moon icon next to their name.

Also, were you recently using AirPlay?

C

Ask a Question