Cannot reset login password on Mac Pro for TV edit! Please help!

Reaction score
I cannot reset the login password on my Mac Pro, and when I click the little arrow (which is supposed to bring one to a hint) nothing happens. I need the Mac Pro to edit a film immediately, and I really hope someone in this forum can help, fast!
Thank you!

Reaction score
I cannot reset the login password on my Mac Pro, and when I click the little arrow (which is supposed to bring one to a hint) nothing happens. I need the Mac Pro to edit a film immediately, and I really hope someone in this forum can help, fast!
Thank you!

Thank you!
Thank you. I cannot say what OS the Mac Pro has, but definitely it is OS X, probably 10.7 or later. But I cannot get into the machine to find out! Can I boot from a DVD with OS 10.5? Or what is the fastest way to get it to work, and reset the password?

Reaction score
Do you have a backup of your system? That could be of help.

But yes, you can boot your machine from a bootable DVD, like OS 10.5. What you need to do is 1) insert the DVD all the way into the DVD drive, and 2) hold down the C key when you start up the machine (or maybe from a restart). It will take quite a bit of time to boot from the DVD, so be patient.

Now, I don't know, via OS 10.5 on the DVD, whether you can reset the password or not for the OS on your machine. You should, though, be able to tell what OS is on the machine.

Ask a Question