Cannot sign into my bank with the MB

Reaction score
I made a panic run to my bank yesterday because I couldn't sign in to my account -- extra worried because a credit card & my ebay accts have been compromised the last few days.

I was able to sign in at the bank (with their windows) and we reset p/w while there. But back at home I still cannot sign in. Fortunately, the daily email is still arriving (hours late today, scared me again).

Does anyone know if this is a problem with the MB? I have cookies turned on to allow anything. If it makes a difference, I also went from dialup to roadrunner with my MB.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

what makes you think that your accounts have been compromised ?

I know my wife can't use Safari to log into her Bank website...she uses an older copy of Internet Explorer.

Have you tried different browser's ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

what makes you think that your accounts have been compromised ?

I know my wife can't use Safari to log into her Bank website...she uses an older copy of Internet Explorer.

Have you tried different browser's ?

regards

Ric

Credit card hijacked for sure, a card not used for a long time so they contacted me. A few days later, ebay advised my p/w and email may be compromised. What really scared was that if they got into my email, I had a doc there with all my ID's and pw, a stupid thing to do. All that taken care of and it's a scary reminder to change p/w's frequently. The curious thing is how they got that credit card when it hasn't been used for so long.

Since everything on the Mac is new to me, I haven't changed anything so far. I'll bet it is the browser.

Thanks very much for responding. Have a wonderful day!

Eliza

Reaction score
Try Firefox as IE for the Mac is diabolical and has not been updated for an age and is now not supported by MS anymore.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Additionally, you can reset Safari (as this sometimes helps) by clicking on "safari" when you have it loaded, and then "Reset Safari"

Reaction score
Hello Eliza,

I get emails all the time telling me that my ebay account has been compromised. They are spam emails. Are you sure the email you are getting is legit? Be very careful! I get these emails everyday!

Reaction score
Try Firefox as IE for the Mac is diabolical and has not been updated for an age and is now not supported by MS anymore.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Additionally, you can reset Safari (as this sometimes helps) by clicking on "safari" when you have it loaded, and then "Reset Safari"

Thanks for the tips! ...... Do you know if Firefox would interfere with my use of .mac?

Reaction score
I use FF and have no problems with my .Mac account. You shouldn't run into any trouble.

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
I use FF and have no problems with my .Mac account. You shouldn't run into any trouble.

Cheerio
Searay

Got ya bookmarked. Took a quick peek, went straight to animal pics, of course! Beautiful animals all. Bennie looks like my Lily Pad (rip). Sorry for the loss of kandie.

Also thanks for the input on .mac.

Reaction score
You should have no problems with .Mac, and if you do, then just use Safari for .Mac.

The issue with using IE is one of security as well really, because it has not been updated for an age, and MS no longer support it, then it will harbour many security flaws - not ideal if being used to sign in certain monetary based accounts.

Searay is correct about the Ebay emails, they are all scams and under no circumstances ever click on a link within them.

Ask a Question