Cannot connect to server

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...it may be an issue with a certificate. I should have asked previously, but do you have a Time Machine or other backup, just in case?

You could try this step from Apple's Support site:

On your Mac
By default, the built-in application firewall for macOS automatically allows applications signed by Apple to receive incoming connections. If you've adjusted the settings for your application firewall, you might need to allow incoming connections. If the issue persists, reset the cache of accepted certificates:
  • Click your desktop to make sure that you're in Finder.
  • From the menu at the top of your computer screen, choose Go > Go to Folder.
  • In the box, enter /var/db/crls/
  • Click Go.
  • Drag the files labeled crlcache.db and ocspcache.db to the Trash.
  • If prompted, enter your administrator password.
  • Restart your computer, then try to connect to the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm...

Starting to sound like a possible issue with the ISP and not the Mac. Let me research it a bit more.

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
You could also try creating another user on the Mac, login to it, then try those sites/services. That will eliminate your user.

C

Reaction score
Hi, too scared to reset don't want my working Adobe screwed up. Is there any reason my ISP could be to blame, and how?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Try the OpenDNS servers...that won't mess with Adobe.

I have heard of ISPs inadvertently causing some sites to be blocked for short periods of time.

C

Reaction score
Hi again
Tried the DNS servers, no joy. Contacted my ISP, they said turn the router off for 10 mins. Did that no joy.
The blue I mentioned is below.
Cheers
Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 13.03.52.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 13.06.02.png

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks for the update.

The blue certificate is normal. The colors basically signify what type they are and who signed them. No need to worry about that as long as they are still valid.

I will see if there is anything else we can try...this is really puzzling.

C

Reaction score
OK, thanks for the update.

The blue certificate is normal. The colors basically signify what type they are and who signed them. No need to worry about that as long as they are still valid.

I will see if there is anything else we can try...this is really puzzling.

C
Yes, it really is puzzling......thanks again though for the help

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
audioscrobbler.png

Yeah, that is a symptom of that site being blocked somehow. It isn't down, as I can ping it from my Mac.

-Try pinging google.com and post an image of the results.
-Do you have any third-party utilities like Little Snitch, MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, antivirus, etc. installed?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm...

-Little Snitch could have been blocking those connection, but not if it was uninstalled and not running.
-MacBooster shouldn't affect networking.
-Good that the Google ping works.
-Did you ever confirm that you have a Time Machine or other backup?

As mentioned previously, you could get drastic and try these steps:
Reset & Rebuild Network Settings & Preferences (Including Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth) to System Default on Mac (Macintosh)

That shouldn't affect your Adobe install, as OS X rebuilds the folder and files at startup.

C

Reaction score
Ok, I was about to start Reset and I checked again...........it suddenly works for no apparent reason!
Baffling, just hope it keeps working. Many thanks for your fab help :)

Ask a Question