can not install programes

Reaction score
I am having problems loading new software onto my G4, I am new to MAC and am also still useing my PC on windows xp,
The wizard tells me that CLASSIC cannot use applications because the disc is read only, or this version of CLASSIC needs a newer version, Any help to a new MAC idiot is appriciated no matter how silly you think it is, I may be overlooking something simple,
I am trying to install adobe photoshop 7, delux, and digital immage. thanks to all in advance.. EDDY.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there eddy,

What version of System Software do you have on the Mac ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi RIC
I Have both 9.6 and tiger 10.4, The hard drive came with them allready installed, the software are all original and not copies, I am probably doing something stupid, on PC I can install no bother but being new to MAC its dificult to get my head around things,
thanks EDDY

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Eddy,

sorry I missed this one...

The OS 9 version, is it 9.2 ? There isn't a 9.6 ?

Starting at the begining, did you originally install OS X and Classic ? Does Classic run at all ?

Depending on what you are trying to install, you have to launch Classic first and then try the installer...it's tricky to explain with out being hands on !

Unfortunately, I nolonger have 'Classic' running so can't give you a screen grab, I'll have a look around to see if I can find anything to help.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question