Can I get iMessage to open in current window?

Reaction score
Whenever I get a new iMessage and click on the iMessage app in the dock it moves what I am working on off the screen and opens another desktop or window (not sure of the terminology).

Is there a way to get iMessage to just open overtop whatever I am working on and not displace my document off the screen?
Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It sounds like it is opening in another "space" which is a function of OS X called Spaces - which are virtual desktops. Depending on your version of OS X, the Preference Pane may differ slightly. It can be found in the menu bar in  > System Preferences > Exposé & Spaces or Mission Control. If it is Exposé & Spaces, there will be a list of Application Assignments and Spaces that you can change or turn off so that iMessage will launch in the same Space you are in.

Take a look at my suggestion and let us know if that solves it or you need additional help.

Good luck,

C

Ask a Question